Design Cuts are a UK based company and as such comply with the UK GDPR and the CCPA. The UK GDPR has common requirements that align with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- What personal data is being collected about them.
- Whether their personal data is sold or disclosed and to whom and to say no to the sale of personal data
- Access their personal data
- Request Design Cuts to delete any personal information about a them or collected from them
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name or e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What Do We Use Your Information For?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience - your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our website - We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve customer service - Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To process transactions - Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails - The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. All supplied sensitive information such as credit or debit card data is transmitted via TLS version 1.3 technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Design Cuts DO NOT store any credit or debit card details on any of our systems.
Create More Live Website And Cookie Usage
What's a cookie?
A cookie is a small file sent from a website which is then stored by your web browser. When you return to the website the information in the cookie can be used to recognise your last session.
Where do cookies come from?
There are two sources of cookies:
- First-party cookies are sent by us to your device. They can be used to remember your preferences when you visit our website or to maintain your browser connection.
- Third-party cookies are sent by a third party that provides functionality through our website, such as video clips. This helps the third party to remember your preferences when you visit our website and others.
How long do cookies stay on your device?
Cookies stay on your device for different periods of time:
- Session cookies generally only last while you have your internet browser open. Once you close your browser they’re automatically deleted from your device.
- Persistent cookies generally stay on your device after you close your internet browser unless your browser is set up to automatically delete them. They can be used by websites to remember your preferences when you open up your browser again.
What cookies do we use?
What can you do if you don’t want cookies on your computer?
You can block cookies from our website by following third-party opt-out instructions. One way of doing this is to change your internet browser settings by following the instructions provided by your browser provider. You can also use a third-party tool to manage cookies.
If you know the third-party cookie that’s being used, you can follow their instructions to opt-out. For example, you can opt-out from Google Analytics cookies by visiting Google’s website. However, this may not delete the cookie from your browser altogether. It may just stop the cookie from being sent to your computer in the future.
For more information on cookies go to the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Do We Disclose Any Information To Outside Parties?
To operate effectively as a business, we may need to pass your information on to selected and trusted third-parties. The third-parties we may share information with are:
- Google - For gathering website analytics
- Facebook - For targeted advertising
- Active Campaign - For email newsletter usage
- Tapfiliate - For notification emails from our Partner Program
- Tipalti - For notification emails from our Supplier Program
In addition, any third-party to whom we may need to disclose personal information in order to comply with our legal, regulatory and statutory obligations. This may be as part of a legal process, (for example, in response to a court order or in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where they believe it’s necessary). This could be to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety, property or rights of any person. It could also include non-compliance with our website rules, or as otherwise permitted or any third-party where you’ve given your consent. Please be assured that when we outsource any processes we ensure that any supplier or contractor has adequate security measures in place. We’ll also require them to comply with privacy principles as part of our contract with them.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our website is not directed at children under 16, and we won’t knowingly allow anyone under 16 to provide us any personally identifying information; if you’re under 16, please don’t provide any information about yourself on this website. In the event that we learn we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible.
How To Access, Correct Your Information & Withdraw Consent
If you’re a Design Cuts customer, you can use our Design Cuts Contact Form to send in new details.
You’re able to change your preferences relating to marketing communications from Design Cuts and withdraw your consent at any time, as follows:
- Filling in our Design Cuts Contact Form.
- You may make a request to access your personally identifiable information that’s held by us and maintained in our database. To do this you need to send in your request via our contact form here.
- If you have concerns about the way we handle your personal data, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office or raise a complaint.
You can contact us at the following address:
Design Cuts do not use agencies for recruitment and do not require any third party help for any recruitment we undertake. If you require support or have a query, please contact us here.
This policy was last reviewed/modified on September 23rd, 2021.